Effective January 1, 2009:
DNA typing shall be required for all Salukis seeking registration with SPDBS, effective January 1, 2009, in the following circumstances:
1) The Saluki is imported into the United States from any other country. A copy of the DNA certificate shall be filed with the Registrar prior to the issuance of a permanent CRN.
2) The Saluki is bred from. A copy of the DNA certificate of the sire and dam shall be filed with the Registrar prior to the issuance of a litter and/or individual registration.
3) The sire of a litter is unknown or if multiple sires are used. In either case each dog that could be the sire shall be DNA typed, and each puppy in the resulting litter shall be DNA typed to determine the sire of each puppy. A copy of the DNA certificate of each individual shall be filed with the Registrar prior to the issuance of litter and/or individual registrations.
4) The use of frozen semen or extended chilled semen shall require a copy of the DNA certificate be on file with the Registrar prior to breeding. In the case of imported frozen semen, DNA typing must be done through AKC and a copy of the DNA certificate shall be filed with the Registrar prior to insemination. The semen must be labeled with the sire’s name, registration body, and registration number.
5) Fees for DNA services shall be set by the Board of Directors and published.
6) All DNA typing shall be performed through the AKC DNA program in order to insure the smooth transition of Salukis from the SPDBS CRN Studbook register to the AKC Studbook Register. Please go HERE to order DNA kits.
Please go HERE to view a sample form. The sample form is filled out for AKC submission with the results going directly to the Registrar.